Friday, January 7, 2011

Ain't Nuttin But A Snug-Life

Blanket stealer, blanket stealer, my husband is so guilty of this very thing. I have been married nearly a year and never ever had to deal with stuff like this before. Just me on my comfy full size bed with enough blankets just for me. I knew getting married you would have to share a bed (duh right) but I was never warned or told about the possibility of blanket stealing. I ask myself if I was warned would it have made a difference, well no I guess it wouldn't have made much of a difference, but still a heads up would have been nice.

Anyways, so my husband and I sleep on a queen size bed, pretty decent size for the two of us (3 if you include our puppy Hank). So on our queen size bed we have had queen sized blankets as well as king size. As this past year has progressed on and the blanket thievery continued I decided there was something I had to do. Solution came from Anna's Linens (all bedding in a bag $29.99) so I got us a Cal-King set. Right Cal-King is the creme-de-la-creme, the biggest you can go. I was so stoked, I must be a genius this was sure to solve the lack of blanket situation. So we got back from getting it, washed it of course, and put the bad boy on the bed. There was blanket everywhere, at the top, on the sides, hanging from the bottom, it was every woman's blanket stealing dreams. So bedtime came and went and wouldn't you know I still woke up blanket-less. What the deuce! I look over as my husband is sound asleep, all curled up in the blankets, and what is that coming from his forehead, is he really breaking a sweat from being too warm? As I laid there with possible hypothermia? Eh I give up, you win the blankets are yours...snuggie here I come!

4 comments:

  1. I ADORE you :))...and whenever I bunk with anyone, I'm always the blanket hog...so from a fellow blanket hog, I apologize for your continual blanket losses

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaaa thanks Meg. Its not really all that bad, I am growing out my leg hairs for added bedtime warmth hahaaa. JK. Love ya and miss you:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This blanket/bed space hog will NEVER apologize! If you (or Tony) don't have the cojones to fight it out while unconscious, that's your problem! ;) Blanket hogs of the world, unite!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww once you get through the first year honeymoony phase, you'll rip those blankets back. I kick or push my hubby (gently) when he snores.

    ReplyDelete